Starting a business and need some help?
Trying to get your business off the ground?
Getting your business re-started in a post-pandemic marketplace?
SCORE, the largest volunteer business expert network in the nation, is here to help.
For more than 50 years, SCORE volunteers have provided free confidential mentorship and practical business education to more than 11 million clients.
Support comes from 10,000 volunteers across more than 300 Chapters at the state and county level.
Who We Are
Locally, SCORE began operating in Chester County in 1985. A Delaware County chapter followed. The two chapters merged in 2015 to become SCORE Chester & Delaware Counties.
Today, the SCORE Chester and Delaware Counties Chapter has 120 volunteers from diverse professional backgrounds with national and global experience.
The team includes experts from for-profit and nonprofit companies, with backgrounds in multiple industries and business models that help serve the two counties well.
Volunteers bring essential skill sets to the organization, including:
- Business strategy
- Supply chain
The membership continues to evolve. Almost 30 percent are women business leaders and there is a 50/50 split of retired business professionals and actively employed functional experts.
Several of the Chapter volunteers met SCORE first as clients who were mentored during their start-up and now pay it forward.
There are many ways to contribute, and giving back is so rewarding!
- Subject matter expert
- Workshop speaker
- Event coordinator
What We Do
More than ever, challenging times call for trusted business guidance and resources. SCORE has a program designed to help small businesses and entrepreneurs be successful.
Mentors review strategic options with clients, so they are ready to pivot in all types of economic and market environments.
With the 2020 pandemic crisis, all services have shifted to virtual: video, phone and email mentoring, remote office support, and live or recorded webinars.
During business as usual in 2019, SCORE Chester and Delaware Counties served over 800 unique clients with thousands of mentoring session hours.
The Chapter conducted at least 100 local seminars, workshops and events attended by more than 1,600 small business professionals shaping their ideas and building their plans.
Educational content is developed and delivered by volunteer knowledge experts. Programs are presented in collaboration with local libraries, universities, chambers of commerce, SBA and the Small Business Development Council (SBDC).
The topics are client-focused, full of practical tips, including:
- Business planning
- Social media
- Pricing strategy
- Digital boot camps
- And more.
Join SCORE: As a client, as a volunteer, as a community partner.
Every business has a story to tell with lessons we can learn. Let’s hear your story!
Need help? Visit here to:
- Find a mentor and schedule a remote mentoring session, at no cost to you! Or call (610) 344-6910.
- Visit the Coronavirus Small Business Resource Center to access a variety of resources and programs to help business owners cope with the fallout from the pandemic.
- Find a webinar and register. SCORE continually offers free live and recorded webinars, workshops, seminars and interactive courses on a variety of topics.
- Access a large library of articles on a wide range of topics to help you get your business started and to keep it running smoothly.
Want to help? Visit here to:
- Become a SCORE volunteer, sharing your knowledge and expertise as a mentor, subject matter expert, and workshop presenter.
- Help in a Chapter Support role, as community ambassador, project leader to develop partnerships and fundraising, IT support, marketing or social media coordinator.
- Contribute a tax-deductible donation to help SCORE fulfill its mission of creating new businesses and jobs in Delaware County and throughout Pennsylvania. SCORE depends on generous support like yours to continue offering free mentoring services and reduced fee or free educational programming.
Our End Game is Your Success
The economy in America becomes stronger through business and job creation, which is how SCORE Chester and Delaware Counties defines success, every single year!
The latest 2019 estimates are impressive across the two counties: approximately 200 new businesses were started and 780 non-owner jobs were created. SCORE market studies indicate those small business clients who receive three or more hours of mentoring report higher revenues and increased business growth!
Some success stories
SCORE celebrates client success! Each year for the last 10 years, the Chapter recognizes small business owners who have reached a significant commercial milestone with a SCORE Achievement Award.
Check out the SCORE Award Winners recognized in Spring 2019.
You Might Also Like