The annual Veterans Day Parade will be held today beginning at 11:11 AM in Media. Delaware County Council, District Attorney Jack Whelan, Media Mayor Bob McMahon, and other local officials will honor the county’s veterans and thank them for their service and dedication.
Dozens of World War II veterans, marching bands from various high schools, local students, and others will be participating in this year’s parade. It is the largest Veterans Day Parade in the area, and kicks off at State and Edgemont streets in Media.
Peter Sosi’s Autocare Mobile Services
The Widener University Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and entrepreneur Peter Sosi, of Swarthmore, will host a grand opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony for Sosi’s new business, Autocare Mobile Services, on Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 3 PM.
The ribbon-cutting will take place at Widener in the Atrium of the Leslie C. Quick Center located at 1304 Walnut Street in Chester. Sosi, a retired major from the Ghana Armed Forces with more than 17 years of service, has pulled from his experience servicing the army’s heavy duty armored vehicles, trucks, buses, and cars into a small business operating out of Delaware County.
With the help of the Widener SBDC and seniors in a Widener School of Business Administration capstone course, Sosi is ready to officially launch Autocare Mobile Services, which provides customers with oil changes, car washes, detailing, and other accessory services at their preferred location and convenience.
Flu season has begun, and local residents of all ages in need of a flu shot have convenient options available at Crozer-Keystone’s primary care and urgent care offices. Same-day appointments are available at primary care offices, and appointments are not necessary for C-K Urgent Care at Broomall or Pioneer Urgent Care in West Chester. For specific insurance and pricing questions, please contact each office directly.
Primary care offices offering flu shots:
- Brinton Lake Family Medicine, Glen Mills
- Center for Family Health, Springfield
- Crozer Internal Medicine, Upland
- Crozer Medical Associates, Crum Lynne
- Crozer-Keystone Center for Geriatric Health, Springfield
- Drexel Hill Medical Associates, Drexel Hill
- Family Medicine at Barclay Square, Upper Darby
- Family Medicine at Broomall
- Family Medicine at Havertown
- Family Medicine at Sharon Hill
- Family Physicians at Garrett Road, Drexel Hill
- Family Physicians at Media
- Family Physicians at Middletown, Media
- Family Physicians at the Pavilion, Glen Mills
- Fanning & Traverso, Ridley Park
- Glen Mills Family Practice, Glen Mills
- Internal Medicine Associates, Glen Mills
- Internal Medicine Associates, Upland
- Milmont Park Family Practice, Milmont Park
- Primary Care at the Healthplex Pavilion, Springfield
- State Road Medical Associates, Drexel Hill
- Suburban Primary Care, Newtown Square
- Taylor Primary Care, Ridley Park
- Jeffrey Darnall, M.D., Ridley Park
- Michael Stewart, M.D., Ridley Park
Urgent care offices offering flu shots:
- C-K Urgent Care at Broomall
- Pioneer Urgent Care in West Chester
The Springfield Area Educational Foundation has announced the following elections to its Board of Trustees for 2016-2017.
Stanley L. Johnson, ’69, President: Johnson is a graduate of Lafayette with a degree in Electrical Engineering. He obtained his Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Widener. Johnson is Executive Director of Operations for the Phoenixville School District.
Stephen Todaro, ’78, Vice President: Todaro received his Bachelor’s Degree in Biology from Cheyney and Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from Arcadia. He is currently a Physical Therapist with Premier Orthopedic and Sports Medicine, serving as Clinic Manager of the Broomall South location.
Jack Sullivan, Treasurer: Sullivan received his Bachelor’s Degree from La Salle and Master’s of Business Administration (CPA) Degree from Widener. He serves on the Board of Directors for the Police Athletic League (PAL) and Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union.
Joseph Nastasi, ’97, Secretary: Nastasi completed his undergraduate studies at Penn and attended Widener School of Law. This year, he opened his own firm, Nastasi Law Offices, in Drexel Hill.
Wes Rowlands, ’04, Development Committee: Rowlands is a bestselling author, businessman, speaker, and entrepreneur. While earning his finance degree at Drexel, he held 10 internships with top financial institutions, including working on the floor of the stock exchange. After a brief career on Wall Street, Rowlands co-founded a college and career planning company, where he currently serves as CEO.