Food assistance is available to Delaware County residents in need during the COVID-19 pandemic. Schools and organizations across the County are providing grab and go meals to residents in need.
This interactive map gives locations and information about food assistance.
Right now the best way to protect yourself is to take the same precautions you would to prevent the flu or common cold:
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with your elbow to avoid touching your face
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm/hot water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, and other frequently touched items
- If you are feeling sick, stay home. Rest, take care of yourself and don’t spread the germs.
The County has a website dedicated to information on the coronavirus. You can find that website here.
Residents can also call two local numbers for COVID-19 related resources and questions. The Chester County Health Department Hotline is 610-344-6225, open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. seven days a week. The Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus Helpline, staffed 24/7, is 1-800-722-7112.
Delaware County residents are encouraged to sign up for Delco Alerts, found here.