The Philadelphia Business Journal has launched a new initiative in 2017 – entitled Soaring 76 – to identify the fastest-growing companies in Greater Philadelphia, writes Clara Lefton.
“Greater Philadelphia’s economy is increasingly diverse and dynamic,” said PBJ Publisher Sandy Smith. “We consider it a crucial part of our mission to identify and recognize the companies driving our region’s growth.”
To determine the Soaring 76, the PBJ looked at revenue growth over a three-year period from 2014 to 2016, and crunched the revenue numbers from all public companies headquartered in Greater Philadelphia using Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
The PBJ defines Greater Philadelphia as the wide area known commonly as the Philadelphia television market:
- Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery, Berks, Chester, Lancaster, and Lehigh counties
- New Jersey: Camden, Burlington, Gloucester, Atlantic, Salem, Cumberland, Ocean, Mercer, and Cape May counties
- Delaware: New Castle and Kent counties
Delaware County placed a pair of companies on the list:
- Actua, a multi-vertical cloud company based in Radnor that brings the power of the cloud to vertical markets and processes
- Arora Engineers, a Chadds Ford-based firm that meets the evolving needs of aviation, transportation, and education industries through more intelligent, sustainable infrastructure solutions
The actual rankings of the 76 companies that made the list won’t be revealed until a special event at SugarHouse Casino on Sept. 28.
Click here to read more about the Soaring 76 in the Philadelphia Business Journal.