American Community Journals (ACJ) — the parent company of VISTA Today, MONTCO Today, DELCO Today, and BUCKSCO Today — is seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and versatile editor/writer to assist with the editorial operations of its four platforms.
This full-time position will serve as a Roving Editor for all of ACJ’s .Today platforms. Primary duties include writing original stories about the company’s affiliate partners and sourcing, curating, and posting additional stories about the region’s businesses, nonprofits, universities, communities, and people.
He/she will work closely with affiliate partners to elevate their profiles, grow their businesses, and strengthen their connection to the community — all through the written word and storytelling.
The candidate must have a passion for and experience in writing and editing news, as well as excellent communication and storytelling skills. He/she should have experience in conducting interviews and crafting an engaging story based off the content of those interviews. The person should also be social media- and SEO-savvy.
- Interviewing newsworthy people and writing original feature stories
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the company’s affiliate partners; enhance and post their content
- Searching online to identify positive stories about the region’s people, places, and events
- Proofreading and editing
- Posting completed stories, including correct hyperlinks and images, on WordPress
- Analyzing data and seeking to increase reader engagement and retention
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, or a related field (or the equivalent in work experience)
- Excellent command of the English language
- Professional writing, editing, and proofreading experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- A flexible mindset and the ability to pivot and multi-task
- An appreciation of the Delaware Valley’s business, community, and social culture
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in WordPress is a plus
- Knowledge of SEO research is a plus
- Proficiency in social media (including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Reddit)
The position is 100 percent remote. To apply, e-mail a resume and writing samples to Ken Knickerbocker, Publisher of American Community Journals, at firstname.lastname@example.org and Mark Hostutler, Executive Editor of American Community Journals, at email@example.com.