Delaware County voters will actually have five ways to vote in this year’s General Election.
Options to vote in the 2020 General Election:
- Vote in person at your polling place on Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020
- Vote by mail or absentee ballot – return your Delaware County ballot
- by US Mail
- by dropping it at a Delaware County drop box at select locations
- return it to a Delaware County Election Office
- Vote “over the counter” at a Delaware County election office or mobile voting location: request, fill out and return a mail in ballot in one stop.
Last month, the Delaware County Election Bureau contacted all municipalities to ask them to accept a ballot drop box for returned absentee and mail-in ballots.
Some municipalities have already accepted the boxes, some have declined and some are in the process of deciding.
Secure voting ballot drop boxes were delivered to Delaware County on Sept. 8 and are being housed in a warehouse.
Once all ballot box placements are confirmed, the County’s website will be updated with ballot box locations and hours of availability for those boxes that are not located outside.
Residents can also check with their municipality on the status of a ballot drop box.
The County anticipates installing the drop boxes later this month and will begin accepting ballots beginning on Oct. 1. Ballot boxes will be under video surveillance and will be emptied once a day by County employees.
Detailed information on ways to vote will be posted on the County’s website later this month.