On the Table events are happening Thursday, Oct. 17, around Delaware County to bring residents together to share food and talk about ways to strengthen communities and make them better places to live, work and play.
This year, the Foundation for Delaware County is underwriting several On the Table gatherings. The following events are scheduled:
Boys and Girls Club of Chester
- Dinner–6 to 8 p.m., 201 E. 7th Street in Chester, Theme: “Quality of Life as It Relates to Youth and Families in the city of Chester.” To register, contact: Janet Riley-Ford
BTC Marketing with The Main Line Chamber of Commerce
- Breakfast –7:30 to 10 a.m., 175 Strafford Ave., Suite 120 in Wayne. Theme: “Hidden Pockets of Poverty on the Main Line: Who, Where, Why, and What Can We Do?” Participation is invitation only. Email Kim Landry.
Chester Education Foundation at Chester High School
- Dinner—5 to 6 p.m., 200 W. 9th Street in Chester. Theme: “Our Future (for high school students). Contact Stephanie Scappa for information.
- Lunch–12:15 to 1:30 p.m., Carnegie Hall, The Great Room, 1837 University Circle in Cheyney, PA. Theme: “Building a Sustainable Community at the Intersection of Race, Class, Sexuality and Gender.” For information, contact Thom Nixon.
Community Chat at Merwood Park
- Coffee and snacks– 9:30 to 11 a.m., Merwood Park, E. Hathaway Lane in Havertown. Theme: “How Can We Increase Parent Involvement and Leadership on Community Issues?” Contact Jennifer Leith.
Delaware County Chamber of Commerce
- Lunch– Franklin Mint office. Theme, “What Is Key to a Better Community and How Can We Work Together to Improve the Chances of More People Doing Well in Our Region? How Do You Define What “Doing Well” Means?” Participation in this event is closed.
The Media Fellowship House in Media
- Dinner—6 to 8 p.m., 302 S. Jackson Street in Media. Theme: “Economic Empowerment and Ways in Which to Improve for Those Who Are Struggling (Financial Literacy, Bank Accounts, Transportation, etc.)” Contact: Isabel Clark. Register here!
The Offices of Senator Tim Kearney and Representative Mary Gay Scanlon
- Lunch– 1 to 3 p.m., Delaware County Intermediate Unit, 200 Yale Ave. in Morton. Theme: “Census 2020 with county, local, and federal elected staff.” Register. Questions: Kristin Seale.
Senior Community Services
Wine & Cheese– 4 p.m., 600 Swarthmore Ave. in Folsom. Theme: “What Is Key to a Better Aging Community?” Contact & RSVP: John Federico.