Harcum College’s annual lecture series returns with the theme “Eye on Caring” – a slate of four free events with topics related to caring.
The first event, “The Business of Caring,” takes place Thursday, Sept. 26, at 3 PM in the Strauss Family Rotunda of the Trout Library.
The speakers include three women in leadership roles in organizations dedicated to the business of caring:
- Joanne Finnegan, current board member and former CEO of ReMed
- Jameyshia Franklin, director of patient experience and volunteer services at Bryn Mawr Hospital
- Patty Welch, chief human resources officer at the YMCA of Greater Brandywine
Jim Miller, director of the academic internship program at Harcum, will moderate. The panelists will discuss why a caring profession can be a rewarding career, offer advice for those who want to work in the field or who wish to advance to leadership ranks in their fields, and explain why the fabric of our communities are stronger because of organizations like theirs.
The remaining events in the “Eye on Caring” series include:
- “Caring About Workforce Diversity & Inclusion” on Nov. 14
- “Self Care: How to Live a Full Life” on Feb. 20
- “Earth Care & Sustainability” on April 2
These events begin at 4 PM. Click here for more information or to register.