Malvern Bank’s Back to School Drive, which collects much-needed school supplies for children who are experiencing homelessness, is underway.
This year, the bank will be donating supplies to the Domestic Violence Center of Chester County. DVCCC provides housing, counseling, and assistance with job skills to women who have experienced domestic abuse. It helps the children with clothing, support groups, and other needs, including back-to-school supplies.
Along with their children, these women have left their homes with simply the clothes on their back.
The most-needed school supply items include backpacks, pencil boxes, crayons, scissors, glue sticks, lunchboxes, notebooks, thumb drives, and highlighters. The collection will run through Aug. 31.
Malvern Bank has placed collection boxes in the following Financial Centers:
- Berwyn/Devon: 650 Lancaster Avenue in Berwyn
- Malvern: 100 West King Street in Malvern
- Downingtown/Lionville: 537 West Uwchlan Avenue in Downingtown
- Coventry: 1000 Ridge Road in Pottstown
- Paoli: 34 East Lancaster Avenue in Paoli
- Paoli Corporate: 42 East Lancaster Avenue in Paoli
If you have any questions, please contact Pat McLennan, Senior Vice President and Director of Community Development, at 610-695-3681 or by e-mail PMcLennan@MyMalvernBank.com.