WalletHub’s List of Best, Worst States for Jobs Unkind to Pennsylvania


WalletHub has published a report on 2018’s Best & Worst States for Jobs, and the results do not look good for Pennsylvania.

The Keystone State ranks 46th on the list, making it the fifth-worst state for jobs nationwide.

To determine the rankings, WalletHub used two key measures, Job Market and Economic Environment. These were measured using 29 metrics, including job opportunities, unemployment rate, and monthly average starting salary.

[uam_ad id=”52851″]


Job Market got 60 percent of the total score, with Economic Environment the remaining 40 percent.

Pennsylvania rated better overall than just Louisiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, and West Virginia.

Pennsylvania ranks 38th in a number of metrics, including Job Opportunities, Employment Growth, and Average Commute. It ranks 40th in Unemployment Rate and Job Satisfaction.

Read more about 2018’s Best & Worst States for Jobs from WalletHub here.

[uam_ad id=”58329″]

Join Our Community

Never miss a Delaware County story!

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.