Dunwoody Village is a five-star ranked not-for-profit continuing care retirement community in Newtown Square located in a picturesque wooded setting, combining comfort with award-winning high-quality healthcare and rehabilitation.
Dunwoody Village is always looking for people who want a “decidedly different career,” who share a commitment to excellence who want to join their team. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online for a variety of Dunwoody Village jobs.
Dunwoody Village is an equal-opportunity employer and appreciates the benefits of a diverse workforce.
All Dunwoody Village employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to hiring.
The following Dunwoody Village jobs are available:
The Recreation Assistant is responsible for developing and implementing both group and individual recreation programs.
They will plan, develop and implement group recreation programs such as exercise class, word games, horticulture, arts and crafts etc., as well as inform residents of daily events and escort them to and from group programs.
A candidate for this position must be able to work a weekend and holiday rotation.
They must be a high school graduate, be proficient in Microsoft Word, Office, Facetime and iTunes, be able to read aloud to a group or individual, and demonstrate good judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making.
They should have organization and time management skills, be able to work independently and with supervision, demonstrate cheerfulness, a positive attitude and the ability to motivate people.
A genuine liking and respect for the elderly, and those physically and cognitively impaired is required.
Experience in Long-Term Care or Recreation is preferred but training will be available for motivated persons with a desire to work with older adults.
Paid time off, semi-annual bonuses and a 403b retirement plan that includes a generous company match + a year-end discretionary contribution are offered.
Assistant Dining Room Manager
The assistant manager will be responsible for staff recruitment, staff training, staff supervision, scheduling, coordinating events, and overseeing the bar and bartender during days of service. The assistant manager works closely with the dining room manager and director of dining services to facilitate all aspects of the dining room operation.
Candidates must have:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a dining-related supervisory/managerial role
- A strong desire to provide exceptional dining services to older adults
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in fine dining and/or country club setting
- Superb customer service and organizational skills
- Long-term care experience is strongly preferred but not necessary
- Excellent communication skills as you will interact with residents, family members, and all levels of management
- Comfortable with interviewing potential new staff members
- RAMP and/or ServSafe certification strongly preferred
- Experience with point-of-service systems
- This job requires working varied shifts – including some nights, and some weekends, and participating in a holiday rotation
Dunwoody Village offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, dental, prescription, disability, life insurance plans, and a 403b retirement plan with generous company match and discretionary contributions.
Dunwoody Village also provides a generous time off package including vacation days, sick days, holidays, floating holidays, and personal days.
A $1,000 sign-on bonus is included with this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years of experience producing food in mass quantities.
- Fine dining experience in a CCRC setting is strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate must be willing to work with all levels of staff and management and should have experience in both hot and cold food preparation.
- Candidates must also be available to work during various shifts on weekends, holidays, and during special functions, as scheduled
- Applicants without relevant experience will not be considered for this position.**
This is a full-time position and offers an exceptional benefits package including vacation time, sick time, holiday pay, floating holiday pay, personal day pay, a choice of three medical plans, dental insurance, prescription drug coverage, vision insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and a retirement plan with generous company match and discretionary contributions.