Aqua Pennsylvania has announced a $1.6 million main replacement project is underway in Springfield. This investment is part of Aqua’s continuing infrastructure improvement program to improve reliability for customers throughout Delaware County.
Crews are working to replace 6,089 feet of aging 6-inch water mains with new 6-and 8-inch ductile iron water mains, which are more durable and are comprised of about 90 percent recycled metal materials.
The work is taking place on the following streets:
- Northcroft Road between Hempstead Road and Rutherford Drive
- Southcroft Road between Weymouth Road and Rutherford Drive
- Hempstead Road between Northcroft and Southcroft roads
- Kirk Road between Northcroft and Stanfield roads
- Stanfield Road between Southcroft Road and Rutherford Drive
- Rutherford Drive between Southcroft and West Rolling roads
- Maris Road from Rutherford Drive to the end of the cul-de-sac near 429 Maris Road
Aqua’s work is expected to be completed in spring 2023. Final road restoration is expected to be completed in summer 2023, weather permitting.
The new water mains will reduce the potential for main breaks, and discolored water and will improve water flow in the area. This project is part of the Aqua continuing infrastructure improvement program that has replaced 33 miles of aging main in Delaware County in 2022.
Learn more about the main replacement project and Aqua Pennsylvania.