The Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride in Glen Mills has been ranked this Halloween season as the number 1 scariest haunted house attraction in the nation by Oprah Magazine, writes Sean Adams for oprahmag.com.
The 30-year-old Bates Motel and Bates Psycho Path features animatronic props, actors, and digital FX.
The third attraction, Revenge of the Scarecrows Haunted Corn Trail, provides a monster-filled experience on its walk-through sets, with 30-plus actors in costume.
This year, actors will keep their distance. Masks and temperature checks are required of guests.
Even in a pandemic, haunted attractions are as popular as ever, though some have adapted by offering a drive-through experience instead of a walk-through grab by an actor.
Others in the top 10 list are:
- Headless Horseman Hayrides and Haunted Houses in Ulster Park, NY
- Field of Screams in Mountville, PA
- The Dent Schoolhouse Cincinnati, OH
- The 13th Floor in Denver, CO
- Cutting Edge Haunted House in Forth Worth, TX
- Kersey Valley Spookywoods in Archdale, NC
- The 13th Gate in Baton Rouge, LA
- Haunted Overload in Lee, NH
- Netherworld Haunted House in Stone Mountain, GA
Read more about the scariest haunted attractions here.
You Might Also Like