(Video) Oprah Magazine Names Bates Motel in Glen Mills as ‘Scariest Haunted House in America’
The Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride in Glen Mills has been ranked this Halloween season as the number 1 scariest haunted house attraction in the nation by Oprah Magazine, writes Sean Adams for oprahmag.com.
The 30-year-old Bates Motel and Bates Psycho Path features animatronic props, actors, and digital FX.
The third attraction, Revenge of the Scarecrows Haunted Corn Trail, provides a monster-filled experience on its walk-through sets, with 30-plus actors in costume.
This year, actors will keep their distance. Masks and temperature checks are required of guests.
Even in a pandemic, haunted attractions are as popular as ever, though some have adapted by offering a drive-through experience instead of a walk-through grab by an actor.
Others in the top 10 list are:
- Headless Horseman Hayrides and Haunted Houses in Ulster Park, NY
- Field of Screams in Mountville, PA
- The Dent Schoolhouse Cincinnati, OH
- The 13th Floor in Denver, CO
- Cutting Edge Haunted House in Forth Worth, TX
- Kersey Valley Spookywoods in Archdale, NC
- The 13th Gate in Baton Rouge, LA
- Haunted Overload in Lee, NH
- Netherworld Haunted House in Stone Mountain, GA
Read more about the scariest haunted attractions here.
You Might Also Like
M&M’s or Skittles? Battle for Pennsylvania’s Favorite Halloween Candy a Fierce One
Bates Motel in Glen Mills Makes List of 10 Best Haunted House Attractions in the U.S. for 2019 (see video)
Plan Your October Using Visit Delco, PA’s Monthly Top 10 List of Things to See and Do
Join Our Community
Never miss a Delaware County story!
"*" indicates required fields