Foundation for Delaware County Seeks Volunteers for WIC Program
The Foundation for Delaware County WIC Program is seeking volunteers to help distribute nutritious meals to children at its Springfield and Upper Darby WIC clinics this summer as part of the United States Department of Agriculture’s Summer Food Service Program, “Food That’s in When School Is Out.”
The Summer Food Service Program provides free meals and snacks to give children under the age of 18 the energy they need to learn, play, and grow during the summer months.
Volunteers must possess the ability and desire to interact positively with children and families and the ability to work independently. Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older, have reliable transportation, and complete criminal and child abuse background checks.
Volunteer hours run from 9:45 AM-12 PM, on Monday through Friday, from June 19 to Aug. 24.
- check and count meal delivery
- store and handle meals safely
- serve meals to children and encourage families to participate in Summer Lunch Program
- document the number of meals served
- help clean up after meal service
- complete training on procedures related to program
For more information, e-mail WIC at WIC@DelcoFoundation.org.
Join Our Community
Never miss a Delaware County story!
"*" indicates required fields